Classical Movements Turns 21 Years Old
Having opened its doors in 1992, Classical Movements is celebrating its 21st birthday! In its time, Classical Movements has arranged concert tours to over 140 countries for many of the world's most prestigious ensembles. We are proud to have come so far in just 21 years, and we are looking forward to many more years to come with all of you!
Classical Movements Milestones
- Arrangement of all aspects of concert tours for leading orchestras and choirs
- Over 140 countries on six continents and countless concert venues
- 22 new music commissions through the Eric Daniel Helms New Music Program
- A strong focus on international collaborations and outreach
- Annual production of four international choral festivals
- Successful advancement of the Serenade! International Choral Series in Washington, D.C.
|Classical Movements' Clients Featured in U.S. Mandela Memorial Service|
Vice President Joseph Biden Attends While Pacific Boychoir and Morgan State University Sing
Pacific Boychoir and Morgan State University Choir pictured with Vice President Joseph Biden at the National Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
Classical Movements was asked by the South African Embassy to arrange for two choirs to perform at the United States' national memorial service for Nelson Mandela held at the Washington National Cathedral in Nelson MandelaWashington, D.C. With just a few days' notice, the Pacific Boychoir and Morgan State University Choir, both of whom traveled to South Africa as part of the inaugural Ihlombe! South African Choral Festival in 2009, were able to attend and perform for many of the United States' most influential politicians, including Vice President Joseph Biden and Secretary of State John Kerry.
Read more inside!
View the newsletter PDF