Classical Movements Commissions
The Eric Daniel Helms New Music Program
General Criterion for Selection of Composer and Performances:
For more information please contact us.
- Classical Movements will entertain requests from all but give preference to our existing, loyal clients.
- Given our great involvement in the classical music world of choruses and orchestras we are especially but not exclusively interested in commissioning works for these types of ensembles.
- Classical Movements will be commissioning works for youth orchestra and professional orchestra clients as well as all types of choruses.
- We essentially have our own criteria for selecting the composer and organization but will include the ideas of your group and will welcome suggestions from the group for whom we are about to commission.
- We reserve the right to not review all applications from composers and organizations.
- We will give preference to initiatives from multiple performing arts organizations.
- We will also give preference to any group that plans to take the commissioned work on tour.
Aaron Jensen with conductor Philip Brunelle at Jensen's premiere We Are As One at the Serenade! Washington DC Choral Festival 2012
Composers Grant Gershon, Janet Galvan, Douglas J. Cuomo, Johan van Zyl (Classical Movements), John Schaefer, Neeta Helms (President of Classical Movements), John Corigliano, with conductor Francisco J Nunez, and Young People's Chorus of New York City Choristers at the premiere of the 2012 Transient Glory Symposium eight compositions commissioned by Classical Movements
Music Director of BSO Marin Alsop, Composer David Rimelis, Dan Trahey with Neeta Helms (President of Classical Movements), at the premiere of Rimelis' OrchKids Nation with several of the kids at Joseph Meyerhof hall